Sherrie nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you, Sherrie! It happens to be that I have already received that one and followed the rules; therefore, I shall do whatever I want with this one.
The rules have changed a bit. Now they seem to be more like the rules for that tagging game in which I was tagged, with a slight resemblance to the rules for the Liebster Award I received:
1. Share 5 to 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer Sherrie’s questions.
3. Nominate 5 to 11 other bloggers who have fewer than 300 followers and ask them 11 questions.
NUMBER ONE: Share 5 to 11 facts about yourself
Since I did the Liebster Award already, I feel no guilt copying and pasting my facts from the tagging game, with slight adjustments where they no longer apply.
1. I dislike rhythmic, catchy beats, the kind in pop or rap or hip-hop songs. They sound too . . . I don’t know, trashy. I prefer strong, solid, heavy beats.
2. I love skirts that sweep the ground. I only have a few simple black ones because I totally wouldn’t be able to pull off any colorful ones. But I like them on other people!
3. Actually, that’s pretty much my whole style situation. A lot of clothing I like on other people. For me, it’s got to be simple and low-key. You’d be surprised how hard it is for me to find clothing!
4. My ideal temperature is as hot as it can be without making me sweat. In summer, where I live, that’s something like 80 degrees when air conditioned (air conditioning takes out the humidity; 80 degrees naturally is probably too hot for me). I’m not sure what it is in the winter.
5. I like to snack on raw oats. They’re quite dry, yes, but I drink lots of water with them. I think they’re slightly addictive.
6. Until the summer after graduating elementary school, I had never been on an airplane in my life. Until I traveled abroad after graduating high school, I had only been on an airplane once.
7. Possibly the strangest question I’ve ever gotten on a test is this. (My eleventh grade physics teacher was an interesting person.)
8. I got my braces out a little over a year ago. It’s still absolutely wonderful to go to bed and not have to worry about waking up with the inside of my lips plastered painfully against my teeth.
9. I’m not very picky about food, and if I would refuse to eat something it would most likely be because it’s unhealthy (like hot dogs or store-bought cake or the like), not because I dislike the taste. One of the few foods whose taste I really dislike is mustard. I wish I liked it, but I’ll only eat it if it’s mixed into things!
10. Also, I am one of those people who always cleans her plate. I can’t stand when food is wasted.
11. I never had any of the electronics—cell phone, iPod, laptop, or digital camera—that everyone else seems to have until the summer after graduating high school, when my father bought me a camera. It was a going-away gift for the next year, when I would be abroad and would want to take lots and lots of pictures!
NUMBER TWO: Answer Sherrie’s Questions
1) What do you enjoy reading?
Fantasy! As far as I know, fantasy has been my favorite genre for as long as I’ve loved reading. Which is always (since I’ve known how, anyway).
2) What is your favorite season?
I love summer. Except the mosquitoes. But they’re worth it for the glorious warmth that summer brings!
3) Who is the person who makes you laugh?
My blunt roommate makes me laugh. My adorable niece makes me laugh. Brian Regan makes me laugh too.
4) Which do you prefer, mountains or ocean?
I love the ocean, but I’d have to say mountains because they’re a whole package deal of glorious scenery, beautiful flowers and trees and berries and fungus, and of course hikes. Whereas the ocean is just one basic view, albeit a gorgeous one. Also, mountains usually provide more privacy than oceans do.
5) Do you have any pets?
6) What is your favorite meal of the day?
Huh, I never though to have a favorite meal! Probably breakfast.
7) Why do you blog?
Because I like to write and share things that, I hope, others might find interesting. This isn’t my personal journal, so I usually don’t post general updates about my life. I try to keep it interesting. Usually the most I talk about myself is in these tagging games and blog award things. I do hope they don’t bore any of my readers too much!
8) What is your favorite color?
I have two: bright, happy yellow and warm, delicious brown. And green! At some point when I was a young child, although I don’t remember when exactly, green was my favorite color, and I’ve decided right now to add green back to my “favorite colors” list because it’s really so lovely. Yay!
9) Do you prefer coffee or tea?
I’m not such a coffee OR tea person! Water is pretty much all I drink.
10) What famous person, living or dead would you like to have lunch with?
I don’t know! I’d like to say Moses, the greatest man who ever lived, but I wouldn’t feel worthy and would just feel guilty wasting his time!
11) What is your favorite blog?
Ooh, hard one! I’m actually quite fond of Mara’s old blog, before she evolved into almost purely fashion blogging. She’s a great fashion blogger and has lots of loyal fans, and I still read every post of hers, but I actually prefer a randomness blog (if it’s well done, that is) to a themed one. I think I’m in the minority there. So, other than Mara’s old blog? HASH is pretty good. So is CCW. I also really like a variety of food blogs. I don’t know if I can say that I have a favorite.
NUMBER THREE: Nominate 5 to 11 other bloggers who have fewer than 300 followers and ask them 11 questions.
As I did this already, I shall instead copy and paste my 11 questions from the tagging game and direct them not at new nominees but at Sherrie, who gave me this award. Also, anyone who reads this may answer any of these questions that he or she wishes to answer in the comment section below.
1. If you could get a lifetime supply of any one food, what would it be?
2. What experience or person had a great or life-changing impact on your way of thinking? (Have I been doing too many college applications?)
3. What are some of your pet peeves?
4. Tell me a funny or embarrassing (or otherwise interesting) anecdote of yours.
5. What is your favorite thing about your character?
6. What is your weirdest relative like?
7. What superpower would you like to have?
8. Favorite sandwich? Worst sandwich you’ve ever tasted?
9. If clothes could talk, what would yours say? (I’m looking for a nice long answer here! Everything you’re wearing, even your hair accessories, ought to have their say.)
10. What qualities do you value most in a person?
11. Why is a raven like a writing desk?
P.S. If I tagged you last time and you never answered, you could still answer now. Hint hint.