Picco recently tagged me in a fun little blogging game, so I figured I may as well be a good blogger and participate. Rules:
1. List 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions posed by the one who tagged you.
3. Tag 4 other bloggers.
4. Ask them 11 questions to be answered in their own post.
STEP ONE: 11 Random Facts About Myself
1. I dislike rhythmic, catchy beats, the kind in pop or rap or hip-hop songs. They sound too . . . I don’t know, trashy. I prefer strong, solid, heavy beats.
2. I love skirts that sweep the ground. I only have two (a simple black and a jean) because I totally wouldn’t be able to pull off any colorful ones. But I like them on other people!
3. Actually, that’s pretty much my whole style situation. A lot of clothing I like on other people. For me, it’s got to be simple and low-key. You’d be surprised how hard it is for me to find clothing!
4. My ideal temperature is as hot as it can be without making me sweat. In summer, where I live, that’s something like 80 degrees when air conditioned (air conditioning takes out the humidity; 80 degrees naturally is probably too hot for me). I’m not sure what it is in the winter.
5. I like to snack on raw oats. They’re quite dry, yes, but I drink lots of water with them. I think they’re slightly addictive.
6. I have only been on an airplane once in my life.
7. Possibly the strangest question I’ve ever gotten on a test is this. (My eleventh grade physics teacher was an interesting person.)
8. I just got my braces out. It’s absolutely wonderful to go to sleep and not have to worry about waking up with the inside of my lips plastered painfully against my teeth.
9. I’m not very picky about food, and if I refuse to eat something it’s usually because it’s unhealthy (like hot dogs or store-bought cake or the like), not because I dislike the taste. One of the few foods whose taste I really dislike is mustard. I wish I liked it, but I’ll only eat it if it’s mixed into things!
10. Also, I am one of those people who always cleans her plate. I can’t stand when food is wasted.
11. I never had any of the electronics—cell phone, iPod, laptop, or digital camera—that everyone else seems to have until this summer, when my father bought me a camera. It was a going-away gift for next year, when I’ll be abroad and will want to take lots and lots of pictures! I’m thrilled to finally have one.
STEP TWO: My Answers to Picco’s Questions
1. What was the first CD/record you bought?
I’m a money-saver, so I’ve never bought a CD. Unless you count the $2.50 I spent (my sister and I split; it was $5) on my teacher’s son’s amateur rock album. But really, radio provides me with all the music I need, and it’s for free!
2. Christian Bale or Leonardo DiCaprio? Choose wisely…
Neither. Do you hate me now, Picco? I’m just not that into celebrities.
3. If you were shrunk to the size of a pencil and put in a blender, how would you get out? I was Googling weird interview questions and that actually was one of them.
Assuming the blender was off and I therefore was, you know, still alive? I suppose I’d just try to reason with whoever put me there. I don’t think I’d have any hope otherwise.
4.What was your first word?
My first word was yes. I think that’s pretty awesome.
5. Pepsi or Coke?
Neither. I don’t even like soda! (Another one of the few foods I dislike.) I find the whole bubble sensation weird and not very enjoyable.
6. If you had a million dollars how would you spend it?
If I got a million dollars right now, I’d first pay off my parents’ debt. Then I’d pay for home improvements (we really could use some!), and the rest I’d put away for my children’s tuition and weddings.
7. What’s your favorite breakfast food?
Bran flakes! I have bran flakes with banana slices almost every day for breakfast.
8. Do you think we’ve really been to the moon?
Yes. I’m not that much of a conspiracy theorist.*
9. What’s the deal with “I before E?”
I before E except after C or when sounded like ay as in neighbor or weigh . . . or in weird or in last names and probably in a few other words as well.
10. Deaf or blind?
If, God forbid, I had to choose to be one of those, I’d choose deaf. Horrible, but at least I’d be able to see where I’m going.
11. So no one told you life was gonna be this way?
Better than I ever could have imagined.
STEP THREE: My Tag Victims
1. Ri at The Spotted Mushroom.
2. Snigdha at Eternal Bliss.
3. Holly at stick to your greens!
4. Ellowyn at Just Makin’ Do.
Didn’t tag you? I’d still love to hear your answers, too (and that includes people who have already participated in this game in the past)! Feel free to answer my questions in the comment section below.
STEP FOUR: My Questions for the Above Bloggers
1. If you could get a lifetime supply of any one food, what would it be?
2. What experience or person had a great or life-changing impact on your way of thinking? (Have I been doing too many college applications?)
3. What are some of your pet peeves?
4. Tell me a funny or embarrassing (or otherwise interesting) anecdote of yours.
5. What is your favorite thing about your character?
6. What is your weirdest relative like?
7. What superpower would you like to have?
8. Favorite sandwich? Worst sandwich you’ve ever tasted?
9. If clothes could talk, what would yours say? (I’m looking for a nice long answer here! Everything you’re wearing, even your hair accessories, ought to have their say.)
10. What qualities do you value most in a person?
11. Why is a raven like a writing desk?
*If you want to know in what ways I am a conspiracy theorist, you’ll have to email me. I won’t post anything like that publicly or some people might be scared away!